Are you a skilled WordPress developer looking to make your next career move? Do you have the ambition, experience and motivation to succeed in a busy but energetic agency environment? Reech is looking for someone to support their growing Development team, working on a wide range of internal and external projects, building modern websites, solutions and systems for a variety of clients and sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, experienced, and motivated individual to join a growing team of professional developers in a vibrant and energetic agency environment.
Working closely within a team of three, you’ll report to the Technical Director and support on varied, interesting, and challenging projects – both internal and external. You’ll be instrumental in producing modern websites, solutions and systems using the worlds most trusted technologies and support our clients through large and small projects.
Who we are
Reech, established in 2009, is fast becoming Shropshire’s leading full-service marketing agency. We provide a wide range of services including branding, design, digital, media, and marketing services to a wide range of local, national, and international businesses across all sectors.
If you’re successful, you’ll join a talented, close-knit, and fun-loving team, who work in a highly collaborative way sharing ideas, knowledge, and best practice.
At Reech we don’t build websites using third party or paid-for themes. We build each and every site from the ground up, based on client requirements, referencing bespoke designs created by our talented in-house design team. This process is both creative and collaborative and helps deliver beautiful, unique, and innovative websites.
For our developers this means they get to code every day, take control of all their mark-up, and implement relevant technologies on a per site basis. This WordPress developer position also offers opportunities to use different coding languages and frameworks where appropriate.
- Develop and extend custom WordPress themes and plugins using WordPress architecture and bespoke integrations, according to client requirements.
- Integrate third-party applications and APIs, such as CRMs, and social media platforms, into websites and systems.
- Research, plan, and develop bespoke functionality for websites and web applications.
- Ensure all code is secure, stable, and scalable with a view to the future and the clients ongoing requirements.
- Optimize code and integrations for performance and search engine optimization.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues with existing systems and websites as well as problem solve new solutions and features.
- Document implementations, bugs, and procedures to help grow the knowledge of the team as well as supporting the ongoing improvement of quality and efficiency.
- Overseeing smooth deployment of functionality and fixes ensuring they are thoroughly tested, optimised, and fit for purpose.
- Attend client meetings to discuss project requirements, provide technical advice and explain technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborating with other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the end user experience.
- Developing ideas for new workflows, technologies, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participating in quality control activities such as responsive testing and user acceptance testing.
- Flexibility to support older websites, systems, and platforms.
- Help translate technical jargon and provide support and training to clients and colleagues.
Key skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in web development, with a focus on WordPress.
- Proven track record as a web developer with experience in extending WordPress core functionality and integrating common plug-ins such as WooCommerce.
- Excellent understanding of core programming principles, with specific skills in PHP, MySQL/MariaDB and similar technologies.
- Good working knowledge of DNS and web servers such Apache and Nginx.
- Knowledge of version control concepts and experience using GIT for source code management.
- Experience in integrating third-party API’s.
- Strong understanding of responsive design concepts.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex issues.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently or within a group.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Taking lead on back-end elements of projects, as needed.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Plesk for server management and website hosting.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and command-line interface.
- Understanding of website performance optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Experience with other content management systems like Drupal and Joomla would be an added advantage.
- Permanent role.
- Company contributed pension scheme.
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Christmas off (we’re closed!).
- Support, training, and guidance.
- Your birthday off once you’ve been with us for a little while.
- A modern, relaxed working environment.
- Working with an experienced team.
- Regular social events with the team.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000-£35,000/year depending on experience
When applying, please submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.