This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, and passionate Web Developer to join a growing team of professional developers and gain invaluable experience within an extremely successful, friendly, and award-winning creative agency located in Shropshire.
Working closely and collaboratively within a team of four, you will report to our technical director and have the opportunity to lead on a variety of interesting and challenging projects, both external and internal. You will produce modern responsive websites, solutions and systems using the world’s most trusted technologies and support your colleagues and clients.
With projects ranging from tourism to retail, this role is perfect for anyone looking to experience a modern fast paced work environment with potential to specialise, take ownership and help drive future change and progression.
At Reech we don’t build websites using third party or paid-for themes. We build each and every site from the ground up based on client requirements and bespoke designs created by our talented in-house design team. This process is both creative and collaborative and helps deliver beautiful, unique and innovative websites.
For our developers this means they get to code every day, take control all of their mark-up and implement relevant technologies on a per site basis. This position also offers opportunities to use different coding languages and frameworks where appropriate.
- Working with Web Designers to create websites and systems that matches the visual design intent.
- Interpret client requirements and provide estimates and functional specifications for resulting development work.
- Learn the codebase and improve your development skills
- Complete both frontend and backend website development tasks.
- Handle server, DNS and general system config.
- Update internal and external Websites
- Analyse, interpret and sanitise existing datasets to support website projects.
- Create technical documentation and supportive materials
- Participate in quality control activities such as bug finding and user acceptance testing
- Communicate regularly with other team members.
- Communicate via email and telephone with clients, when required.
- Assist with basic support to a wide range of clients with the day to day running of their websites and hosting.
- Take ownership over code quality and be self-critical
- An understanding of development approaches and methods
- Experienced with GIT, npm and task runners. (GULP)
- Understanding of web security, accessibility, and usability
- Basic understanding of server technologies, DNS and hosting ecosystems
- Awareness of SEO techniques and best practices
- Understanding of multiple platform delivery such as mobile vs desktop, and optimising for fluid-responsive websites.
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical subjects to non-technical people
- Passionate about the field and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone manner and confidence
- Competent use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work towards strict deadlines
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
Desirable Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to computer science or relevant qualification
- 2 or more years’ experience in an agency environment using PHP, WordPress and MySQL for website development.
- Experience working with Application Programmable Interfaces (API) and JSON data
- Basic Server set-up and management with Plesk or similar.
- Permanent role;
- Pension scheme;
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Christmas holidays off (we are closed!)
- Support, training, and guidance
- Your birthday off (yes, the whole day) once you’ve been with us for a little while;
- A modern, relaxed working environment.
Salary and how to apply:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £24,000 to £30,000 /year depending on experience
- When applying please submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
- NO AGENCIES PLEASE.