This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, and motivated Junior Developer to join a growing team of professional developers and make their mark within an extremely successful, friendly, and award-winning creative agency located in Shropshire.
Working closely within a team of four, you will report to our senior development team and support them on varied, interesting and challenging projects, both external and internal. You will help produce modern websites, solutions and systems using the world’s most trusted technologies and support our clients with hosting and website care.
With projects ranging from tourism to retail, this role is perfect for anyone looking to experience a modern fast paced work environment and has great potential for an ambitious developer to learn, grow and develop a wide range of skills.
At Reech we don’t build websites using third party or paid-for themes, we build each and every site from the ground up based on client requirements and bespoke designs created by our talented in-house design team. This process is both creative and collaborative and helps deliver beautiful, unique and innovative websites.
For our developers this means they get to code every day, take control all of their mark-up and implement relevant technologies on a per site basis. This position also offers opportunities to use different coding languages and frameworks where appropriate.
- Learn the codebase and improve your development skills
- Assist with both frontend and backend website development tasks.
- Handle server, DNS and general system config.
- Update internal and external Websites
- Upload content and input data as part of website build projects
- Participate in quality control activities such as bug finding and user acceptance testing
- Create technical documentation and supportive materials
- Communicate regularly with other team members.
- Communicate via email and telephone with clients, when required.
- Assist with basic support to a wide range of clients with the day to day running of their websites and hosting.
- Proof you’ve mastered the necessary practical skills to enter the world of web development
- Understanding of multiple platform delivery such as mobile vs desktop, and optimising that output.
- Passionate about the field and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone manner and confidence
- Competent use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work towards strict deadlines
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
Desirable Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to computer science or relevant qualification
- 1 or more years’ experience in a commercial environment ideally using PHP, WordPress and MySQL.
- Experience of SCSS / SASS and task runners such as GULP
- Experience working with Application Programmable Interfaces (API) and JSON data
- Experience using GIT, Bitbucket or similar.
- Basic Server set-up and management with Plesk or similar.
- Permanent role;
- Pension scheme;
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Christmas holidays off (we are closed!)
- Support, training, and guidance
- Your birthday off (yes, the whole day) once you’ve been with us for a little while;
- A modern, relaxed working environment.
Salary and how to apply:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £18,000 to £22,000 /year depending on experience
- When applying please submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
- NO AGENCIES PLEASE.